Friday, March 24, 2023

My Family History 2016 (my dad's passing story)

 It has been a good year, not with out it’s trails of course, but none the less it has been a good year full of love from our Heavenly Father. 

The Wisemen side of our family (including us of course) went on a fun vacation up to Saint George this summer. It was great spending time with my parents, siblings and their families. There was a lot of swimming, good food and shopping. Such fun memories!


We also took our yearly family camping trip with the Gundersens up to their property. The cabin that everyone is building from scratch is coming along nicely…only 20 years left building the thing. ;) Really though it has been a great project that our kids have been able to be apart of…and it better not take another 20 years. lol We’re speedy! Adam tries to go up once a month in the summer to help with the building. He also takes up one of our kids with him when he goes. They take turns and love when they get to go up for an over nighter with their dad.


Adam is still working at Entrata (formally known as Property Solutions before the name change in 2015) and is still the Senior Customer Success Manager, which pretty much means he keeps the company’s big clients happy. He does an excellent job and the people love him there. He was also called in to the Stake High Council and ordained a High Priest. He is doing an excellent job and we are very proud of him. 


I (Jennie) am still taking doula clients and teaching childbirth classes. I love having my own little business, although I do hope to up my class size this coming year. My companies name is Tummy Love (www.tummylovecbe.com). We have had two miscarriages this year (3 total). The first was on January 1st and the second was in the beginning of August. Both were hard to go through but I also know Heavenly Father has a plan, so I’ll trust that. I have also been called to serve as the first counselor in the primary presidency. I have been in for about 6 months and love it so much.


My dad also passed away this year unexpectedly from Occlusive Coronary Heart Disease. It’s hard to find in normal tests and there are no symptoms (possibly hereditary). He went hiking after work like he often does but never came home. My mom and sister Diane went out looking for him (around 10:30pm) but couldn’t find him. My mom sent out my two brothers in law (Tyson and Scott) around 1:00am, but they also couldn’t find him. My mom then called search and rescue and were sent out first thing in the morning to search for him. Adam and my brother in law, Tyson also went out at the same time to search. Before they were able to find him another hiker found him. They called my mom around 8:30am and let her know that he was found. He was only about a half mile up the trail. He was sitting peacefully against a tree, looking over a lake, with his gloves placed neatly to the side and his glasses sitting on top of them. They did find some aspirin spilled out sitting next to him so we know he knew something at least didn't feel right. He looks to have gone very quickly and peacefully. We couldn’t get a hold of Adam and Tyson so they continued to search for him until about 12:30 in the afternoon (on the 6th). They returned to my mothers house where we broke the news to them. They were pretty devastated to say the least. During their time looking I felt I needed to be with my mom so I picked my 2 oldest kids up from school (and I already had the other three with me because they're homeschooled). Everyone was so heart broken and I felt sad that I had to tell them the news with out Adam. I was so heart broken about my fathers passing. I still am so heart broken. 


During this hard time I felt so much love from so many around us. The hugs, the notes, the prayers, the people that took time to travel, the love, the flowers and other blessings we received, gave us great strength. We felt truly loved and lifted up during this hard time and I’m grateful for the gift of sympathy that this has given me. 


Quick side story: My dad told one of the Elders at the MTC about a dream he had (this was about a month before his passing). In his dream he knew that he would soon be leading our family in a very different way. He thought this dream was about my mom and that she would soon be passing away. I suppose he got the last half a little wrong. lol. There were so many of these little tender mercies preparing us (and others) for this difficult time. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father.


Aaron turned 12 this year and has been ordained a Deacon in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We love seeing him pass the sacrament. He also started a charter school this year, Franklin Discovery. His first year not being homeschooled. He was not so excited about it at first but has come to really enjoy it and has made some close friends. He is still taking guitar lessons (second year) and still enjoying it. He also loves Pokemon and Wii games. He has also started to really enjoy drawing. Also, have I mentioned he is at BABYSITTING AGE??!!


Adalie turned 10 this year and has also started her first year of “regular school” at Franklin discovery. She has really been enjoying it and has made some really nice friends. This is her second year taking piano lessons. We switched teachers this year so it’s been an adjustment but I think the change will be good and she is enjoying her teacher (not so much the method). She is still loving going to activity days too. She also loves to crochet, sew and cook. She loves experimenting in the kitchen. She is also a great help to me.


Georgia Turned 9 this year and is a crazy crafter/planner. She started a little neighborhood club with her friend Marlie Buck. They plan activities and prepare little lessons. She also is loving painting with water colors. She is taking an art class through our homeschooling co-op that is teaching her more about it. She is also a great help to me.


Lyla turned 6! I love her go go go attitude. She sings and dances with me and never cares who’s watching. She has been taking a few classes through our homeschooling co-op as well. One being an etiquette class, which I thought she loved, but I just asked her about it and she said she hated it but was just being polite. lol. Thats my Lyla! 


Alison is 3 this year. She is super sweet and is always there to make you feel loved. There’s a peace about her that has brought me so much joy through this tuff year. She’s also a little tease. She plays nice but then attacks you. lol. I love it!


No comments: