This year we wanted to do something a little different. You know, not just the same old dinner and a movie date. And we didn't want to do an over nighter because our littlest was only 7 months old. But we thought it was time for some excitement and decided to go to Lagoon. I know, not the typical romantic anniversary date but we both love roller coasters and we hadn't been there since we were married. It was nice to just let loose and have fun. On our honeymoon we went to Disney World as well as some other theme parks. Being at Lagoon reminded us of that. Being able to stand in the lines and just cuddle like we were dating again, and being able to do that without hearing little voices just below needing something or causing some sort distraction was very nice too. All and all it was a great 5 year anniversary. Oh yes and I can't forget...we did pick up some dinner at the Texas Road House on our way there.
The next day we had 2 four-wheelers that we had rented, found a place to four-wheel and just had a blast. The kids absolutely loved it. We hooked a car seat on to the back of one of them where Adalie sat, Aaron sat in front of Adam and I had Georgia strapped to the front of me. They all seemed to have a lot of fun. And Georgia must have been really relaxed because she fell asleep part way through. So, so cute!
When we were all away and he was the only one there, apparently he needed to "go" and found a spot right next to his car where no one would see. He needed cover. That makes sense. lol But Adalie thought it was mud. And well you can guess the rest. We cleaned her up nicely and used a little bit of sanitizer. No harm done. Just very, very funny.
The following day we had rented a 3 seated sea-doo. I don't think I had ever been on one before that. I was a bit nervous at first (because I was driving) but after the first time I had a ton of fun. Adam took me the second time and after that no fear. Husbands are amazing. He also took Aaron and Adalie out (separately). They both had so much fun. They called them "boats". Much easier to say then "sea-doo. My 2 sisters and I also went out together. We each took a turn driving and let me tell you it was pretty entertaining switching seats out there in the middle of the lake. But we did it and nobody feel in. Pretty impressive, huh?
The place we stayed in was pretty nice. It had such a beautiful view of the lake from the back of the, condo, I guess it was. A little distance from the back of the condo (with grass in between) was a little wooden fence that lined the back of the 4 or 5 condos that were connected. The fence had posts going in to the ground every few yards or so, and in between each were 2 more pieces of wood, connecting each post, one on top of the other with some space in between. The kids loved standing on them and watching and talking about the "boats" down below. Such a beautiful view.
Well, that was our trip. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. Melissa put the whole thing together. She's good at that stuff. If it wasn't for her I don't think our family would ever go anywhere. Thanks Liss!
3 comments:
YAY! Fun family vacation! I say mom and dad buy a house on Bear Lake!!
-Diane
Wow you guys have been busy! The 4 wheeling thing is awesome, I can't believe you took your kids like that, how cool! I love reading about what you guys are doing, I want to be just like you! :D
Adam, I just happened upon your blog (by no fault of my own of course) and your family is BEAUTIFUL! It was good to 'catch' up with your life. I don't know if you ever check this, but if you do, feel free to check out my blog heidi-and-spencer.blogspot.com
Have a great one! Heidi (Seabury) Jacobs
Post a Comment